vDriver Simulation Software
VDriver provides development engineers with a unique package that can reduce the product development cycle involved in vehicle, engine powertrain testing, by simulating the variability associated with particular driving styles and routes.
vDriver operates as a distance based sequencer, allowing users to reproduce specific routes and driving styles on their chassis, transient engine and powertrain dynamometers. users can either record routes, or select global pre-recorded routes provided within the package.The vDriverTM package incorporates real-traffic and road-hazard conditions into the test-cell, allowing the user to simulate realistic operational conditions into the development cycle both quickly and repeatedly. The routes include a record of the road type, speed limits, traffic lights and other road-based events.
In this way the engine, power-train or vehicle may be robustly tested to realistic and varying driving conditions whilst in a laboratory environment, providing a user with the following benefits:
- Dramatically reduces development timescales due to the efficiency of reproducing a variety of operational circumstances in a controlled environment
- Verifiy the robustness of the Engine calibrations under “Real World” driving conditions – minimising expensive recalls from unexpected combinations of circumstances
- Evaluate appropriate Hybrid Powertrain strategies under realistic operational demands (e.g. urban environments)
- Conduct integrated engine – powertrain- chassis system development and HIL testing
- Reproduce specific favourite or defined routes from any location in any of your test facilities
- Replicate your customers’ preferred test route in your facility without the expense and logistics of vehicle testing on location
vDriver is presented on a ruggedised PC- tablet with a high-visibility display and has the following capabilities.
- A powerful Journey Record application for one-time capturing of route and road data whilst driving
- Definition of driver behaviour and style-characteristics – A User may define either customise the driving style using parameter listings to create a specific Real Driver characteristic, or select from a pre-loaded menu
- A User may define the traffic-density conditions required on the route
- vDriverTM may execute multiple simulations of the driven route using different driver profiles
Full Graphical visualisation of the route and traffic encountered is provided.
- GETAC V100 1.2 GHz Dual Core Industrial laptop
- Rotatable screen converts to a tablet PC for in vehicle use
- 12.1″ Widescreen Sunlight Readable Touch Screen
- Full Magnesium Alloy Case with Hand Strap
- IP54 and Shock protected fully ruggedized PC
- Supplied with AC and DC power adaptors for in vehicle use
- Haicom model HI-204III USB GPS Receiver
- Utilises the Industry standard SiRF111 chipset
- GPS data output in NMEA format (industry Standard)
- Supports Bluetooth connection to a PC
- Uses all “in view” satellites for high accuracy, accurate to within 5 Metres with SBAS enabled
Download the vDriver Simulation Software Brochure: